Tea Culture and Massage Tour
Join us for a relaxing afternoon of tea drinking, massage, and a traditional Northeast Chinese dinner!
Explore the stalls and stores in a local tea market, and sit down with a vendor to learn more about the ancient art of Chinese tea ceremony. We will learn about the many varieties of Chinese tea–black, green, red, white, Oolong, Pu’er, and more–and the intricacies of brewing each of them. Learn how the water temperature, brewing time, and steeping techniques are designed to bring out the unique flavors of each type of tea. Watch and participate as the tea is brewed, and sample them to experience the distinctly different flavor of each one.
Have questions about the Chinese tea ceremony, or about a particular type of Chinese tea? This tour is the perfect place to ask, and learn everything you want to know about Chinese tea.
After sampling tea and learning about the tea ceremony, feel free to browse through the stores and purchase tea, tea sets, and tea brewing tools. These make great gifts to bring to friends and family! We have no contract with the tea vendors, so there is absolutely no obligation to buy anything!
To continue the relaxation after drinking tea, visit a traditional Chinese massage parlor for a one-hour massage. After your massage, enjoy a traditional Northeast Chinese meal at one of our favorite restaurants. Fill up on local specialties, and enjoy the environment of a local restaurant.
- Private Tour
- Explore the ancient art of Chinese ceremony
- Brew and sample varieties of tea from across China
- Browse the multitude of shops inside the tea market. Tea and tea sets make great gifts to bring home!
- One hour relaxing Chinese massage
- Traditional Northeast Chinese meal at one of our favorite local restaurants
Approximately 5 hours
- 600 RMB per person
- Children under 1.2 meters: 300 RMB
- Children under 3 years: Free
- Combine with one of our other tours and save 100 RMB per person!
- Two guides–a Harbin native and an American expat. Local perspective with no language barrier!
- All tea tastings
- One hour massage
- Traditional Northeast Chinese dinner
What to Bring:
- Money to purchase tea, tea sets, or other things in the tea market. We have no contracts with the vendors, so there is no obligation or pressure to buy anything!
How to Sign Up:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know what day you want to go and how many people are in your group and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours!