Unit 731 Museum Tour
The Unit 731 Museum stands on the site of Unit 731, a secret biological and chemical warfare testing center run by the Japanese army during World War II. Prisoners of 731, mostly Chinese, were subjected to horrific testing, including forced exposure to extreme cold and infectious diseases such as the plague. During its less than ten years of operation, thousands of prisoners died at the hands of the researchers in Unit 731. Today, the museum stands as a memorial to the human suffering and death that took place at the unit.
Completely remodeled in 2015, the museum now houses a brand-new exhibition hall, detailing the history of Unit 731 from its inception to its close. The museum contains maps, photographs and detailed records of the human and animal experiments that took place at the unit, as well as medical and testing equipment discovered on the property. The striking exhibits also contain first person accounts from prisoners as well as Japanese guards and doctors who worked at the unit.
After viewing the indoor exhibits, you can explore the grounds of Unit 731. Some of the original buildings still stand, giving visitors a glimpse into the original structure of Unit 731.
- Private Tour
- Learn about Japan’s chemical and biological warfare testing at the Unit 731 Museum
- Hear first-hand accounts from prisoners, guards and researchers of Unit 731
- Expand your knowledge about a part of history we don’t learn about in our textbooks
Approximately 4 hours
- 500 RMB per person
- Children under 1.2 meters: 250 RMB
- Children under 3 years: Free
- Combine with one of our other tours and save 100 RMB per person!
- Two guides–a Harbin native and an American expat. Local perspective with no language barrier!
- Round trip transportation from your hotel
- All entrance tickets
What to Bring:
- Warm clothes in winter! Harbin gets COLD. Although the museum is indoors, we will still spend some time walking outside to explore the grounds of Unit 731 and its remaining buildings
How to Sign Up:
Email us at email@example.com. Let us know when you want to go and how many people are in your group and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours!