Museum and Markets Tour
We’ll start off the tour with a visit to the Heilongjiang Provincial Museum, the largest in the province and the best place to learn about the history of Northeast China. Learn about the Sino-Japanese War and history of trade with Russia, look at artifacts from early Chinese dynasties, and explore exhibits of local animals, plants and dinosaur skeletons.
After the museum we’ll spend time exploring nearby markets frequented by locals. We’ll browse the many stalls of a local food market selling baked goods, noodles, seafood, meat, nuts, fruit, vegetables, sausages and freshly prepared hot foods. As we walk through we’ll sample local snacks that we think are some of the best in Harbin. Then we’ll visit Churin Foods Company, famous for their specialty Harbin sausage, bread, pastries, cakes, fruit wines and jams. Try some of their specialties, and buy some to bring home if you wish. Their packaged foods make great souvenirs and gifts to bring home.
Next we’ll visit a Russian import market where vendors sell clothes, shoes, chocolate, caviar, vodka, Russian dolls, and more. Browse the stalls and shop for Russian souvenirs at much lower prices than the tourist shops on Central Street.
We’ll finish up the tour at a gourmet food court, a place popular with locals for both lunch and dinner. Explore the food court’s many stalls and sample their foods from across China.
- Private Tour
- Learn about Northeast China’s history and about local plants and animals at the Heilongjiang Provincial Museum
- Browse the stalls and sample local foods at a food market
- Visit the Churin Foods Company’s flagship store to browse and shop for specialty Harbin sausage, bread, pastries, cakes, fruit wines and jams
- Explore the many stalls in a Russian import market frequented by locals. Chocolate, caviar, vodka, Russian dolls and more, all much cheaper than the tourist shops on Central Street
- We don’t have any contracts with the shops we visit, so there’s no pressure to buy anything. The stores are some of our places to shop in Harbin and we think you’ll like them too.
- Have lunch or dinner at an upscale food court where you can sample high quality foods from across China
- 600 RMB per person
- Children under 1.2 meters: 300 RMB
- Children under 3 years: Free
- Combine with one of our other tours and save 100 RMB per person!
- Two guides–a Harbin native and an American expat. Local perspective with no language barrier!
- All entrance tickets
- A sampling of traditional local snacks
- A delicious meal with your choice of dishes from all across China
What to Bring:
- Warm clothes in winter! Harbin gets COLD. We’ll be outside some of the time, so make sure you’re bundled up so you can fully enjoy this tour
- Money to shop at the Russian import market and the Churin Foods Company, if you wish to buy souvenirs. There is no pressure to buy anything!
How to Sign Up:
Email us at email@example.com. Let us know when you want to go and how many people are in your group and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours!