Central Harbin Full Day Tour
Explore famous sites, learn about Harbin’s Russian and Jewish history, enjoy a meal at a historic Russian restaurant and snack on some of Harbin’s specialty foods.
We’ll start out the day by visiting the Harbin Exhibition Planning Center, a city planning museum with interactive displays about Harbin’s past, present and future. Learn about Harbin’s history and development through photographs, movies, interactive exhibits, and small-scale models of the city.
Next, we’ll visit the Harbin New Synagogue, home to an excellent museum dedicated to the history of Harbin’s Jewish population, once one of the largest in the Far East as thousands of Jews fled persecution in Europe and Russia.
After exploring the synagogue, we will have lunch at a historic Russian restaurant on Central Street where you can enjoy a hearty meal of traditional Russian food.
In the afternoon we’ll visit the Saint Sophia Church, a Russian Orthodox church built in 1907. Admire the church’s architecture before learning about Harbin’s history in the church’s museum. Since the museum lacks English captioning for most of it’s photos, we will act as your translators, introducing you to Harbin’s history.
From Saint Sophia, we will visit a local food market, where we will browse stalls of breads, fruits, snacks, and local specialties, sampling things along the way. Next, we will walk to Central Street (Zhongyang Dajie), a pedestrian street lined with historical buildings, restaurants and shops. As we stroll down Central Street, we’ll guide you through the stories behind it’s historical buildings, stopping along the way to warm up with some of Harbin’s tastiest specialty snacks.
After exploring Central Street, we’ll warm up with a hot meal of Chun Bing, crepe-like pancakes that you can fill with anything you choose, including vegetables, eggs, meat and tofu. A Northeast Chinese specialty!
- Small group. Never more than 6 people in a tour!
- Explore Harbin’s history and development at the Harbin Exhibition Planning Center
- Learn about Jewish Harbin at Harbin’s synagogue
- Enjoy traditional Russian fare at a historic restaurant
- Visit Saint Sophia Church, a red-brick Russian Orthodox Church
- Explore the historic architecture of Central Street, Harbin’s beautiful pedestrian street
- Visit a local food market and snack on Kao Leng Mian, a local specialty noodle dish
- Browse the stores along Central Street selling Russian imports and souvenirs
- Sample some of Harbin’s tastiest local specialties from the places locals go
- Enjoy a meal of Northeast China’s specialty Chun Bing, a crepe-like pancake filled with meat, eggs, vegetables and tofu of your choice
9:00 am Tuesday to Sunday
- 1-3 people: 800 RMB per person
- 4+ people: 720 RMB per person (10% discount!)
- Combine with one of our other tours and save 100 RMB per person!
- Two guides–a Harbin native and an American expat. Local perspective with no language barrier!
- All entrance tickets
- Two full meals–a hearty lunch at a historic Russian restaurant and local specialty Chun Bing for dinner
- A sampling of traditional local snacks
What to Bring:
- Warm clothes in winter! Harbin gets COLD. We’ll be outside most of the time, so make sure you’re bundled up so you can fully enjoy this walking tour
- Money to shop at the stores along Central Street, or participate in ice activities on the Songhua River
How to Sign Up:
Email us at email@example.com. Let us know when you want to go and how many people are in your group and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours!